Follow thatsrye on Twitter RyE On Life after College ~ The Life & Times

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Friday, February 12, 2010

RyE On Life after College

In June 2010 I'll have my 5 year reunion.

I guess reunions have a much better purpose before the days of the internet where you can "catch up" with all your old buddies via facebook, myspace, email, linkedin or whatever else social networking site is out there.

I have a love/hate relationship with my college years. They were not the best years of my life but I wouldn't call them my worse either. I think living through it I was in a very blah mood and figured I just need to do my time so to speak and get the fuck back to NYC. But as the years starting coming to an end and the reality of being a "grown up" was more apparent the more I embraced my time in college. And post college years I look back and really did come to appreciate my time there. Not sure if I would do it again but...def a time in my life I will never forget.

I relaxed more and enjoyed the company of all those who I could say walked down Mulberry Street and up the commons. It's been 4 years since I last stepped foot on campus. Through emails and friends I know the campus is completely different from when I was there in such a short amount of time.

I must say that although I've tried to do my best to see all of my friends they are all scattered around this country doing their thing and time passes way too fast. I see the FB statuses and the newly engaged and mom/pops that I use to call classmates. I'm proud of all you guys.

As Rev Pilarz said "There are no friendships like Scranton friendships, because Scranton Friendships don't stop."

He was right when he said we would be at each others weddings, we would be there to be God Parents of each others children, and we will be there when we are old and grey looking back and saying it all happened on Mulberry Street.

So to the class of 2005 I'd like to say...

  • To Goodfellaz which is now a club?!
  • To $1 slice pizza's
  • To Fat Bitches and Fat Bastards
  • To Cockeyes and Oscars
  • To Snow Kegs
  • To St. Patty's Day Parade
.... I'll see you in June!

P.S Not sure how many of you will be able to see this but this is of a great friend of mine who I remember having late night conversations on her stoop about following her dreams and singing for everyone to hear. You Rock Jennie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow thatsrye on Twitter