Follow thatsrye on Twitter RyE On Ted Mosby ~ The Life & Times

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Saturday, February 6, 2010

RyE On Ted Mosby

I Am Ted Mosby....

If you didn't know who Ted Mosby is well let me tell you....hes is NOT a Jerk (Click) lol

I don't know how many of you watch the show "How I Met Your Mother" but it is one of my favorite shows to watch. (Cheap Plug: Tune in Monday's on CBS at 8:00 PM EST. Check local listings :P )

If you couldn't guess, the show is all about how Ted meets the woman who would eventually be the mother of his childern. It is a show told in a narrative format where Ted is talking to his teenage kids about the stories of his early adult life.

I don't think there's been a 30 min sitcom like this since the heydays of NBC's must see TV with Friends & Seinfeld. And though this show is sometimes retardedly stupid in the antics it is so well written. The show after all always has to tie in the fact that there needs to be a history to the stories. So its like knowing the ending before the story began and you go back in time to piece it altogether.

Another great thing about this show is that it tells the world all the everyday things we know but never say. If you don't know what I mean see below for some unsaid "truths"

The "Bro Code"



Haven't we just seen this on Facebook??



AND MY FAVORITE!




AAAANYWAY let me stop plugging the awesomeness of this show. As I was saying... I am Ted Mosby.

Ted is your typical guy trying to find the love of his life. He's a hopeless romantic and thinks every girl he meets is "the one." The fun part of watching his story is finding all the "wrong ones" first. You don't feel bad either because you know he ends up meeting his "one." And though it's him telling the story and he is the main character so to speak, he is often overshadowed by his friends (namely Barney) in the escapades that he tells.

As corny as this sounds I definitely feel the connection there. When I think of all the fun times in my life its generally my friends who are the main source of the story and the ones doing the stupid funny shit that makes you remember. Not that I don't have my fair share too but for the most part I sit back and observe.

Ted plays the wingman on many occasions to Barney and let me tell you after this summer....I know that feeling ALL too well. Just like the Bro Codes states...you never leave a bro behind! (ugh...no matter how bad it gets...shivers)

But beyond all that I too am looking for "the one." I hardly ever speak about my love life nor do I ever really talk about who I have dated or what I look for in a woman. So consider this is a momentary opening of the vault that I so securely lock.

Being raised old school by my grandparents I saw the love that they shared with 50+ years of marriage. To me a woman was to be respected. You never treated a woman inferior to you but as your equal. Though my Lola always took care of the cooking and cleaning as she was a stay at home mom she never once was treated as anything but a queen by my Lolo. He made sure that while he took care of providing for the family that all decisions and all things in the marriage were approved by her as well. And she in turn never made him feel like he was any less of a man because she took care of him like a woman should.

To me that is what I am searching for. I see those same attributes in my mother. So I never dated anyone for the sake of dating. I never tried to get with a girl just to "get with a girl" if you know what I mean. And yes that means I don't just go around trying to play just the tip (lmao) with as many girls as I can. So maybe that's odd to hear from a dude but that's just how I was raised.

When I meet someone and there is interest I want to know that they will fit my needs for a wife/mother of my children. I guess being on the other side of my 20's its a little more common to want to find that but honestly that's just how I've always been. I am a bit of a marathon dater. I have girlfriends for years hoping they turn out to be the one I can settle with. In this day in age its hard to find a woman who can take it back to that old school way of being able to take care of a man while not feeling like shes tearing the foundation of feminists built in the last 30 so years. Don't get me wrong I love a woman who can take care of herself but there's something magical about the old way of being in a relationship.

A pretty girl with a pretty smile. Fun, loving, athletic, outgoing, and intelligent. Not too hard right? Someone who complements me. I haven't found her yet but one day I'd like to be able to sit back with my future kids and tell them the story of how I met their mother.

:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow thatsrye on Twitter