Follow thatsrye on Twitter RyE On I Feel Like Dying.. ~ The Life & Times

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Thursday, March 11, 2010

RyE On I Feel Like Dying..

Editors Note: The following is of a graphic subject. It is intended for mature audience only. It is somewhat disturbing and embarrassing the topics related to this subject so if you are one to get disturbed easily I suggest you don't read this blog.
In addition - Let me make this clear....**I am NOT suicidal** I have no intentions of harming myself or others.
The key word in the title is FEEL.

With that said...allow me to elaborate.


"Only once the drugs are done, I feel like dying.."





November 2007 I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis or UC for short. According to Wikipedia: UC is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon. The main symptom of active disease is usually constant diarrhea mixed with blood, of gradual onset. Because of the name, IBD is often confused with irritable bowel syndrome ("IBS"), a troublesome, but much less serious, condition. Ulcerative colitis has similarities to Crohn's disease, another form of IBD. Ulcerative colitis is an intermittent disease, with periods of exacerbated symptoms, and periods that are relatively symptom-free. Although the symptoms of ulcerative colitis can sometimes diminish on their own, the disease usually requires treatment to go into remission.
Ulcerative colitis occurs in 35–100 people for every 100,000 in the United States, or less than 0.1% of the population. The disease is more prevalent in northern countries of the world, as well as in northern areas of individual countries or other regions. Although ulcerative colitis has no known cause, there is a presumed genetic component to susceptibility. The disease may be triggered in a susceptible person by environmental factors. Although dietary modification may reduce the discomfort of a person with the disease, ulcerative colitis is not thought to be caused by dietary factors. Although ulcerative colitis is treated as though it were an autoimmune disease, there is no consensus that it is such. Treatment is with anti-inflammatory drugs, immunosuppression, and biological therapy targeting specific components of the immune response. Colectomy (partial or total removal of the large bowel through surgery) is occasionally necessary, and is considered to be a cure for the disease. This is the last resort.

AKA....no one has a clue.

And that is the toughest thing about this whole ordeal. With no factual evidence as to why or how an individual gets this horrible disease it results in no cure. Medication has been my saving grace these last 3 years and even with that I've experienced some heavy flare ups which has caused me to go into the Hospital.

There is a treatment pyramid that after years of research this is the best solution that doctors and medical researches can come up with

The bottom of the pyramid is the lowest form of of symptoms. If you see moderate bleeding, 3-4 bowel movements and are frequently loose you can take medication to suppress this. If it is a little more severe you can up your dosage (I am not a doctor I am simply telling you my treatment process...if you are dealing with this problem please consult your doctor for advice).

Last year I was beyond severe and needed 2 blood transfusions for the constant internal bleeding and loss of blood. I had to take antibiotics and steroids in order to get back on my feet. That was the worst situation I had ever been in.

At the current moment I am dealing with a pretty moderate flare up and truth be told I'm scared. Knowing what I went through last year I don't ever want to go through that again. I have a very positive outlook on this but once I feel the medication waning off my body starts deteriorating. I feel like I'm doing everything I can. I'm talking to my doctor and taking the meds and doing what I can to maintain and suppress this flare up but it's just not going away. I'll have good days and bad days.

Today is a bad day. I'm having abdominal pains like no other. My insides just literally feel like dying.

Now before I get up on my religious soapbox please note that I am for everyone belief in their own maker...so don't vilify me for mine =)

I know God only puts us through what we can handle but Dear God....I'm pretty sure the last lesson you gave me was more than enough to teach me. So if you could do me a solid and make this all go away...I would reeeally appreciate it..ok? Thanks. Still love you! - Your boy RYE

Now lastly my brother from another mother is running a half marathon to support the research and cure for Chrohns and Colitis. This is his second year in a row doing it and I encourage you all to help him help me and others living with this terrible disease. I appreciate your efforts!

http://www.active.com/donate/napa10nyc/napa10JSavino

One.Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow thatsrye on Twitter