Follow thatsrye on Twitter RyE On A Summer Love Affair ~ The Life & Times

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Friday, October 1, 2010

RyE On A Summer Love Affair

The End of Summer is always bittersweet for me. I love the fall (maybe cuz I was born in this season) but I get sad with the "end". I am about to confess something. I have had a summer love affair for several years. Its a very seasonal relationship. I drive to visit in April to see her beauty shaping up for the summer. I prep it all out to see her new surroundings for when I come to see her.

And I must confess besides my family no one ever knew her except me for the longest time. I kept her a secret to the world around me because she was just too beautiful and pure. I did not want to share it. But as we grew up and life started to push us into other directions I realized that my secret wouldn't be much of a secret too long.

So eventually she met my closest friends. My boys met her and I knew from the start they too would come to find out the beauty I saw in her. Instantly they were hooked and it felt great to be able to share her with more people in my world.

The love affair would continue to blossom over time. I never disrespected her but we always knew that summertime would end and so our relationship must end as well. Distance and the cold just don't mix for us although we did try to make it work.

Its funny that up until these last recent years I was always somehow single in the summertime to rekindle our relationship and explore it so honestly with no trappings or faults of the place I leave behind when I saw her. But I noticed that as years went by she matured and more people started to recognize her and what was my secret was eventually going to be exposed.

I took it in stride and I remember bringing an end to that summer knowing the next and sequential summers would no longer just be us. It was 06 and I had a gf at the time. I didn't bring her around to see my summer love till the summer was over. But she was great and showed my gf all the wonderful things about herself that I see, much like she did for my boys. And so my gf came the next two years afterwards and life really started to come between me and my summer love. That's when things started to change.

See she has always been my outlet from the world which is why I never wanted to bring my world to her. Only to a select few and even those individuals I didn't want them to fully know her. There was always one person though in my life that I wanted her to meet. A kindred soul of mine that I felt could give my friend the escape I got when being with her. Then one day last year that day came. And man what a wirldwind of change life has been.

This summer I shared my summer love affair with my world. We spent countless weekends and long holidays together. I saw new things and experienced new feelings for you all with company. And it felt good....amazingly good. For all the storms we weathered through. The starlight gazing and sunsets. The fire pits and dancing at the spot. The local bands we would share and listen to along with endless wandering. Learning how to surf and allowing the genesis of love from others to spur. Yes there was some heartache but my summer love will always be my outlet, my haven and I will miss you till we see each other again.

Till next summer my love. Take care M.T.K

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow thatsrye on Twitter