Follow thatsrye on Twitter RyE On LBJ VS MJ ~ The Life & Times

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Thursday, October 28, 2010

RyE On LBJ VS MJ

With the NBA season upon us I'm excited to see the repercussions of the Summer of 2010. The big free agency class! The move for the Big Shaqachussettes to Bean Town and of course the revamped Knicks! As I watched the NBA tip off Miami vs Boston I really wanted to see the cohesiveness of the big three in south beach. I know it's still too early to say because of all the injuries during the pre season but they were a mess. And all I kept thinking about as I watched Lebron score 30 in his first game with the #6 El Heat Jersey was....you could have probably stayed in Cleveland if that was what you were going to do....

I don't care if your Lebron James or your a little high school punk playing ball on the court. Everyone who touches that leather orange basketball dreams to be the next Michael Jordan. Everyone knows when you were the 2-3 that you have a responsibility. Those numbers are sacred. You can't just expect to wear those numbers and be average (although many have unfortunately). Even if your skill set would lend itself more to say Larry or Magic or heck even Dr. J it didn't matter. YOU wanted to be MJ....tounge out, flying through the air, classic MJ Pose. Don't lie to yourself.

MJ is the standard. The peak of his greatness didn't even show till he came back (for the first time wearing the 4-5). I'll admit, when growing up as much as I loved watching Jordan play I hated him! As a beloved Knick fan he just always crushed us....anyone remember the double nickle game? Yea I do...(sigh). That's probably why my John Starks poster of him dunking over Jordan hung on my wall till it was all battered up. It was the one symbol of Jordan as human on that court.

As time went on I grew to appreciate MJ and didn't even care when he went up against my Knicks. Honestly that was the only time I even hated him. Not because of his abilities, not because of asshole ways off the court to be the best, not his gambling addiction, but simply because he beat my team all the time! I guess you can say the same for Kobe. In my opinion Kobe is probably the closest Air Apparent to Jordan. By the records he'll eventually surpass Jordan but if anyone was as close to him it's Kobe.

I too hate/hated Kobe but I hated him for the simple fact that I don't like his personality. I respect his game but I think he's such a loser...with an amazing gift. I think you take that away from him and hes just a dweeb. But again I respect the dude.

Now LBJ? OK yea your a beast. Probably the best player in the game today. I'll give you that. But you? Suck. I think that whole Decision crap was ego driven and unprofessional. You didn't even give your own team...your HOMETOWN...the respect to let them know you were going somewhere else. I don't care if you said your going to the ABA you could have at least said "Hey thanks for all your support but I will not be resigning with you..." at the LEAST.

Then you started this whole Me vs the world campaign. The twitter account messages. The whole Miami Heat are the most hated team in the world. Nah son...I love D-Wade. Favorite player in the game today since 05. If anything I want to see him get another ring because he plays the game right.

YOU are the most hated individual right now. Not Bosh. Not Wade. Not any other player on the team that came because they see ring aspirations. Your excuses last year during the playoffs, about how you "spoil us" and your explanation of why you decided to "Take your talents to South Beach."

Now you have this dumbass fucking commercial and for all the reasons you say your not MJ I see you sure do like going down his path. I don't blame you for that but all these off court bs needs to stop. Shut up and play the game. Stop going on your twitter account and talking. Just be an athlete and talk when the press is around you before and after the game. No one wants to see stupid commercials like this and no one cares. Just shut the fuck up.

Then maybe when I'm old and grey I'll look back and like Jordan...say I respect you.

Rise


Maybe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Follow thatsrye on Twitter